Workshop on “Large-Scale Data Management and Processing – Applications in Research and Industry”
CALL FOR PAPERS
The autumn meeting of the Fachgruppe Datenbanksysteme (GI Special Interest Group on Databases) in cooperation with LWDA 2020 will be held from September 9-11, 2020 at the University of Bonn, Germany. Depending on the situation, the meeting will probably be held as a virtual conference.
Currently, scalable large-scale data management and the efficient processing of big volumes of heterogenous data is an important problem for all areas of database systems ranging from new types of hardware for data management to new algorithms for query processing and data analytics. While the focus on scalability is not new in database research and indutrial development, the new kinds of data, their heterogeneity, and their specific semantics pose a wide variety of new and exciting challenges. The exploration of these challenges will be at the heart for the upcoming FGDB meeting and we welcome a wide range of submissions.
In summary, for LWDA 2020 we are especially interested in reports on research at the borderline of large-scale data management, Big Data processing, and domain-specific data management solutions coupled with data analytics and machine learning technology. Accordingly, topics of interest include but are not limited to:Solutions for large-scale data management and Big Data
- Analytics and data processing in data-intensive applications
- Streaming Data, dataflow engines and distributed data processing
- Intelligent data analysis techniques, machine learning, deep learning
- Data analysis with human interaction (e.g., crowdsourcing)
- Data warehousing, data integration, ETL, and interoperability
- Domain-specific solutions from all fields, covering business (eCommerce, IoT, industry 4.0, …) and application sciences (geosciences, biomedicine, digital health, physics, …)
- User interfaces and visualization
We solicit submissions under two different models:
- full research papers (up to 12 pages, peer-reviewed and to be published by LWDA)
- short papers (4 pages, peer-reviewed and to be published by LWDA) to present visionary ideas, work in progress, projects etc.
For both submission models, authors will have the opportunity to give a presentation at LWDA, and both, full and short papers, will be published in the LWDA proceedings. All submissions should be in English. All papers have to be formatted according to the Springer LNCS guidelines and are to be submitted as PDF files to EasyChair. Please select the track ‘LWDA 2020, FG-DB’.
At least two independent reviewers will review all submissions. The conference proceedings will be published as CEUR Workshop Proceedings and will be indexed by DBLP. All workshop participants have to register for the LWDA 2020 conference.
We further welcome presentations and poster submissions of previously published work such as recent publications at top tier international venues. These will not be reviewed but selected by the PC chairs.
- Submission deadline: June 21, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: July 13, 2020
- Camera-ready copy: August 17, 2020
- LWDA 2020 Conference: September 9-11, 2020
- Wolf-Tilo Balke (TU Braunschweig)
- Stefan Conrad (Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf)
- Klemens Böhm (KIT)
- Ralf Krestel (U Passau)
- Stephan Mennicke (TU Dresden)
- Sebastian Michel (TU Kaiserslautern)
- Felix Naumann (HPI Potsdam)
- Gunter Saake (U Magdeburg)
- Kai-Uwe Sattler (TU Illmenau)