Call for Papers
Paper Submission: June 21, 2020
The annual workshop “Fachgruppe Wissensmanagement (SIG Knowledge Management)” is organized by the Special Interest Group on Knowledge Management of the German Informatics society (GI), which aims at enabling and promoting the exchange of innovative ideas and practical applications in the field of knowledge and experience management.
The workshop will be held on
September 09-11, 2020 at University of Bonn, Germany
All submissions of current research from this and adjacent areas are welcome, in particular, work in progress contributions. The latter can serve as a basis for interesting discussions among the participants and provide young researchers with feedback. We also invite researchers to contribute to the workshop by resubmitting conference papers to share their ideas with the research community. Resubmissions will not be part of the conference proceedings.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Submissions from all areas contributing to the development and application of intelligent knowledge and experience management systems are welcome. We explicitly encourage paper submissions that are not mainstream but from communities within mathematics, social sciences or economics in order to obtain a more interdisciplinary view on the subject.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- New frontiers in Knowledge Management and Experience Knowledge
- Reasoning approaches, for example case-based reasoning, probabilistic reasoning, logic-based approaches and text-based reasoning
- Knowledge representation, for example cases, semantic networks, ontologies, context, and logics
- Knowledge engineering, for example acquisition methods, quality assessment, versioning, maintenance, and visualization
- Applications of Knowledge Management, for example semantic web applications, linked data, smart companion technologies, diagnosis, configuration, agent-based applications
- User experience management and usability knowledge
- Design and evaluation of knowledge systems
- Practical experiences (“lessons learned”) with IT-aided KM approaches
- Integration of Knowledge Management and business processes
- Combination of Knowledge Management with other systems and concepts (e.g. decision support, cloud computing, Big Data)
Official workshop languages are German and English. In particular, contributions can be in English or German but presentations should be in English to ensure that English speaking participants can always follow.
- Submission of papers: June 21, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: July 13, 2020
- Camera-ready copy: August 17, 2020
- Workshop FGWM@LWDA: September 9 – 11, 2020
The target group includes researchers and practitioners who are interested in developing, applying and analyzing knowledge and experience management systems as well as applicable scenarios. The workshop is also a great and affordable platform for young researchers to present their work to a larger group of researchers and get valuable feedback.
Submissions should be alternatively:
- up to 6 pages long for short papers,
- from 6 up to 12 pages long for full papers or PhD proposals,
- One-pager summaries for resubmissions recently published at other renowned conferences and are not part of the LWDA proceedings.
All contributions must be submitted via EasyChair as PDF at:
Please select the track “FG-WM” when submitting your paper. The publication of the conference proceedings will be with CEUR Workshop Proceedings (CEUR-WS.org).
All papers should be formatted with Springer LNCS: http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0.
All workshop participants have to register for the LWDA 2020 conference.
- Lisa Grumbach, University of Trier
- Pascal Reuss, University of Hildesheim
- Klaus-Dieter Althoff
- Kerstin Bach
- Joachim Baumeister
- Ralph Bergmann
- Lisa Grumbach
- Andrea Kohlhase
- Michael Kohlhase
- Michael Leyer
- Mirjam Minor
- Ulrich Reimer
- Pascal Reuss
- Bodo Rieger
- Christian Severin Sauer
The contact person for all questions regarding the organization of the workshop is Lisa Grumbach.